siborg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D & D Discussion and Planning

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Anyone want some dice??

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
HardCorePawn

HardCorePawn

Anyone want some dice?? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone want some dice??   Anyone want some dice?? EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 5:30 am

So after struggling with the various "cursed dice" the last couple of sessions... Rolling Eyes and Si mentioning the "Pound o Dice"... I decided to do some research study It would appear that the ever popular "Chessex Pound o Dice" is really quite random, and there were reports of people getting like 30x d4 and 2x d8 etc... plus loads of "unusable" dice... which kinda defeats the purpose of getting a whole bunch of dice...

Then I found reviews of a pack of 100+ dice from "Wiz Dice"... For this pack, it seems that "random" relates to the colours that you get... a lot of people get a fair few complete sets... with some getting as many as 16 sets!! Cool

So then it was a matter of tracking down a retailer... I discovered, like Si, that Amazon will let you add it to your cart, then spit the dummy at your shipping address Sad I finally found one on Ebay, so I decided to spend some of the USD lying around in my Paypal account... and have just shipped it via NZPost's YouShop service (send it to US address, they forward it on... at a surprisingly reasonable rate Shocked)

Should end up costing something like NZ$40-45 including shipping... and I'm guessing that even with shipping delays, it should show up before our next session tongue

Anyone want to reserve a set... or three? lol!
Back to top Go down
si
Admin
si

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want some dice??   Anyone want some dice?? EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 7:49 am

oh oh......

No

looks like we will literaly be swimming in dice.....

Dan has ordered some too! - Pound o dice
Back to top Go down
Nigel

Nigel

PostSubject: Chessex Pound   Anyone want some dice?? EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 7:56 am

I brought a Pound.... With doing no research..... So we won't be short on dice for our next session..... Matty just needs to make a whiteboard stand and we are sorted!!!
Back to top Go down
HardCorePawn

HardCorePawn

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want some dice??   Anyone want some dice?? EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 8:06 am

ROFL... well... I suppose we can always flog a couple of sets off on TradeMe and get some beer/snack money What a Face
Back to top Go down
HardCorePawn

HardCorePawn

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want some dice??   Anyone want some dice?? EmptyMon May 06, 2013 4:07 am

Arrived this morning... 16 full sets Cool

Anyone want some dice?? Teeonyqc.hypAnyone want some dice?? 10op1pjb.p0wAnyone want some dice?? Ptmbjarm.qbi

Pretty decent mix of solids, translucents and marbled... happy camper What a Face

Back to top Go down
ChadFB

ChadFB

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want some dice??   Anyone want some dice?? EmptyMon May 06, 2013 10:57 am

Mean Maori Mean
Back to top Go down
si
Admin
si

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want some dice??   Anyone want some dice?? EmptyThu May 16, 2013 3:48 am

Fucking sweet man.

We can now have a war!

"Roll 16 D20 for your 16 henchmen who form the front line"

Dan should be getting his soon? Dan?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want some dice??   Anyone want some dice?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone want some dice??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum